3.27.2009

Full Throttle Blue Demon

3.25/5

Price: $1.99
Found at: Local Wine/Spirits
Key herbals: Ginseng, Guarana, Taurine
Food in play: Meatball & Cheese Lean Pocket; 1/2 Frozen Supreme Pizza.
Circumstance: Shooting an action scene for a short film.

Taste: As I mentioned in the previous Full Throttle review, my history with this line's various flavors (aside from "Original") had not been favorable until I got my hands on Fury. Blue Demon (a blue agave flavor), as opposed to the fruit roots of Fury, hails from the botanical side of things - the side from which I distinctly remember the gross Full Throttle offerings coming from. I was hesitant. Thankfully, however, the taste surprised me and until the final few swigs it made for quite the pleasurable experience. (4/5)

Effect: While not as strongly as the aforementioned Fury variation, this one kicked in at around the typical 15 minute-mark. The boost I received lasted about three hours and there were no notable side-effects but I was left wanting more energy-wise. (2.5/5)

Skinny: Where the unique beverage tasted mostly great and didn't show any unwanted effects it lacked the kind of kick I have come to expect from a reputable energy drink. I wish I could score this one higher due to its positive aspects but that boost really needed to be more full and longer lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...