3.19.2009

Monster (Take Two)

1.75/5

Price: $0.88 (Sale: 8 for $7)
Found at: Target
Key herbals: Ginseng, Taurine
Food in play: Omelet with Spinach, Tomato, Bacon, Onion, Hollandaise Sauce, Swiss and Monterrey Jack Cheese; 2 Pancakes with minimal butter/syrup; 1/4 Club Sandwich; 3 cups of coffee.
Circumstance: Curbing afternoon fatigue after an eventful morning and not nearly enough sleep.

Taste: Giving Monster a second chance allowed it to taste a bit better. My reasoning for this is that I was expecting the worst so I was pleasantly surprised when it didn't taste like mountain goat testicles. That's not to say it didn't taste awful... just not quite as awful as last time. I still had to muscle through it. (1.5/5)

Effect: It took a little longer to kick in this time, possibly because I was so worn out from the day (and lack of sleep) already. I also had a ton of food in me that may have initially absorbed some of the effect. My headache worsening, I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be able to keep my eyes open. Once the boost set in about half an hour into it, I managed to stay up even later than intended. Problem? The worst side effect I experienced last time was back with a vengeance. I was in serious danger of losing my lunch the belching was so explosive and nauseating. I actually had to eat some lettuce to calm my stomach down. (2/5)

Skinny: There's no doubt about it, the regular Monster is aptly named due to its monster boost... but it goes both ways in that it nails you with some monster side effects (mainly nausea). If you can tough it out through the bad taste and the bad taste trying to come back on you though, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...