4.05.2009

DNA Citrus

1.25/5

Price: $1.50
Found at: BP Gas Station
Key herbals: Ginseng, Guarana, Taurine
Food in play: 3 bowls of store brand Special K; 1 slice Pizza w/spinach
Circumstance: Midday packing

Taste: No doubt about it, DNA's citrus offering tastes a hell of a lot better than their Lemon Lime. It tastes much more like orange juice, only if orange juice had a ton more sugar in it. I was enjoying the first 1/3rd of the can but after that the sugar became too much. I came very close to refusing to finish it. I only managed to down the final few swigs after taking a break and letting my stomach settle. (2/5)

Effect: Similar to the last DNA I tried, I barely felt a thing. If there was a boost it came much later than desired - we're talking 2 to 3 hours later that I started to feel something that may have been excess energy... but who knows, maybe it was just the feeling of my DNA-induced nausea finally passing. Yeah, that nausea wasn't fun. This is the first energy drink I've had that made me genuinely concerned I was about to vomit it back up. (0.5/5)

Skinny: Slightly better flavor than I've experienced with DNA in the past but still next to no boost. Feeling like I have to barf is definitely not what I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...