4.01.2009

DNA Lemon Lime

0.75/5

Price: $1.50
Found at: BP Gas Station
Key herbals: Guarana, Taurine
Food in play: 6" Subway BMT w/Lettuce, Tomato, Jalepeno, Cucumber & Oregano; 1 Packet of Ramen (no flavoring)
Circumstance: Midday, packing

Taste: Ever notice how a watermelon lollipop doesn't really taste like watermelon at all? It's like this invented, sugary flavor that they've just called watermelon. With that concept in mind, it's easy to imagine how the "Lemon Lime" DNA drink tastes, as it plays your tongue exactly like a liquified lolli that feigns its flavor. At first I thought, "Interesting... I hope I can get through this." Then, only a quarter can in, "Unnghh... Do I really have to get through this?" (1.5/5)

Effect: I'll paraphrase Sgt. Schultz on this one... "I FEEL NOTHING!" Granted there were no side effects but as far as a boost goes there was no energy to be found. I possibly maybe felt something trying to kind of happen but not really and that was over an hour after consumption. Fail. (0/5)

Skinny: It's certainly possible that DNA's boost was compromised by what I had eaten or perhaps the time of day compared to how much rest I had gotten (a full night's), but thems be be the breaks. Mix in the practically unbearable cheap candy taste and you've got a drink to avoid. Sorry, Grass Roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...