4.02.2009

Rockstar

4/5

Price: $1.99
Found at: Local Wine/Spirits
Key herbals: Ginseng, Guarana, Taurine
Food in play: 1 Slice Pizza w/Garlic
Circumstance: 5 hours sleep; morning packing

Taste: Hopefully this makes sense: Rockstar is what I consider to be the best energy drink that tastes like an energy drink. You've got your No Fear and your Crunk which sure, I have come to prefer but they're on a slightly different playing field due to their fruity flavorings. Rockstar is still on the team with Red Bull, Monster and the like. I don't know what it is - the ginseng, the taurine... something makes them all taste similar enough that if you were blindfolded you'd still know you were drinking an energy drink. Back to the beverage at hand, though - Rockstar is one along with Full Throttle that I can truly enjoy despite that distinct herbal twist. (4/5)

Effect: I've always been able to rely on Rockstar for a quick energy boost. Hell, my local comic shop gives 8.4oz cans away to anyone who so much as walks into the building so I often drop through to get my fix. This 16oz deal had me flying for hours, though. The can's catchy claim is that you'll "party like a rock star" and if I were at a party I'm sure that's precisely what I'd be doing. Instead I was packing up my apartment for a move and the drink aided my focus and and, of course, my energy level. The effect lasted at least 5 hours but in my experience it usually keeps me going all day and sometimes all night. The only side effect noted was some minor gas in the form of earth-shattering belches but it was really nothing severe enough to complain about. (4/5)

Skinny: Always a reliable one to reach for, Rockstar is easily a mainstay in the energy beverage business for its stand-out taste and killer effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...