9.26.2010

Venom: Death Adder

3.75/5

Price: $1.99
Found at: Sweetbay
Key ingredients: Taurine, L-Carnitine, Glucuronolactone, Guarana
Food in play: 3 scrambled eggs, baked red potato, 3 strips of bacon
Circumstance: Midday, playing with daughter, heading to a movie, running quick errands

Taste: In a stroke of good timing, this orangey concoction fit perfectly with my late-morning breakfast. It may not be the greatest tasting beverage in the world, but it's definitely a step closer to the smooth energy drink nirvana I know Venom is capable of. I enjoyed it thoroughly. (3.5/5)

Effect: Unfortunately I have to knock off a little pointage here due to how scatterbrained Death Adder initially rendered me. I was a total, redundant motormouth with barely a shred of verbal aim. After about half an hour though, it was smooth-sailing with heightened concentration and just good, raw energy to keep me easily attentive with my motor running on full all afternoon with no crash. (4/5)

Skinny: Venom's pretty much got the energy thing down pat. Their average-to-good flavor keeps it from being a true winner, though. I'd pick it over plenty other options... but it doesn't hold a candle to the masters like Crunk or No Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...