10.28.2010

Amp Overdrive

3.5/5

Price: $2.49
Found at: Target
Key ingredients: Yerba Mate, Ginseng, Guarana, B Vitamins
Food in play: Bowl of Kashi GoLean w/Low-fat milk
Circumstance: Proctoring ACTs from 7:45 AM to 12:30 PM

Taste: Much like Amp's original incarnation, this baby goes down like melted cotton candy. The "intense hit of cherry" is a far cry from miserable, but it can definitely feel like a taste to throw back. Unlike most energy drinks, this one doesn't lose appeal as its temperature inevitably rises after being removed from the fridge and cracked open. (2.5/5)

Effect: There's no question - I was tired as could be. My eyes were dry and red. I can't say this sensation ever dissipated, but Overdrive did a stellar job of helping my body completely ignore my fatigue. Never once, even during the slow times while the students I was overseeing were hard at work and I was simply watching them and the clock, did an impromptu mid-morning nap threaten me. I might have been a touch jittery, but that was the only side-effect and it was a more than fair trade-off. (4.5/5)

Skinny: Overdrive indeed! The candy-like flavor is an easy obstacle to hurdle when the result pretty much guarantees you'll be up for whatever task is thrown your way. Though it's far from the tastiest of Amp's line, it's easily the most effective I've experienced yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...