10.01.2010

Archer Farms: Pomegranate Blueberry

2.25/5

Price: $1.79
Found at: Target
Key ingredients: Ginseng, Taurine, Calcium, Vitamin C
Food in play: Bowl of chicken soup
Circumstance: On the verge of a nap after a morning playing with daughter; shooting some 9-Ball

Taste: Nothing too remarkable here, at least to me, a guy not overly concerned with organic foodstuffs. Before I open an anti-Jamie-Oliver can of worms (worms found in over-priced, organic apples, no less), I'll say I have no idea how truly "organic" this beverage is. Its watery (kinda refreshing, in retrospect) flavor does let on through aftertaste that it's made from real pomegranate, blueberry and pear concentrate, though, for what that's worth. (2.5/5)

Effect: Well, it made me forget I was about to keel over from fatigue. I'll give it some benefit of the doubt because it's 40% juice, and I can't remember any other juice-infused energy drink that's actually had an effect lasting more than five minutes. Also, this baby's loaded with Vitamin C, so that's gotta be good for something, especially since people all around me are sniffling and sneezing, right? (2/5)

Skinny: Archer Farms' Pomegranate Blueberry flavor is likely to please the naturalists among us, but won't do much for most anyone else, even - dare I say - the energy drink sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...