10.12.2010

Monster Java: Originale

3.5/5

Price: $2.49
Found at: Publix
Key ingredients: L-Carnitine, Guarana, Glucuronolactone
Food in play: Whole grain bagel w/cream cheese
Circumstance: Gearing up for a day of work and parenting

Taste: I may not be a coffee-holic, but when I do go for coffee-flavored products, I typically enjoy the heck out of 'em. Coffee ice cream, Starbucks' frilly mocha-frappa-venti-whatever-ccinos, and, of course, coffee energy drinks. This being the first coffee energy drink I've actually reviewed, though, I decided it'd be go back to the "Originale". I guess my history of loathing Monster's more traditional, carbonated line placed some sort of jinx, though, as Monster Java's Originale flavor tasted like it was ground from kitty litter. It's tough to screw up a milky, sugary coffee beverage so I didn't out-and-out hate it, but compared to Monster Java's other offerings like Big Black and Mean Bean, this is a blemish. (2/5)

Effect: Flavor be damned, this can packs one hell of an effect. The kick didn't really start kicking until maybe 2 or 3 hours after it was down, but when it comes to coffee, isn't that around the time you're really gonna need the extra energy? And color me extra-impressed - even moreso than I usually am with coffee energy drinks (the things really do kick ass in general) - as the effect lasted well into the evening and even quelled my appetite. The Monster Java Diet? Perhaps! (5/5)

Skinny: From experience I know Monster Java has better flavors out there, so it's too bad this one went down like a sampling from my cat's toilet, but it more than made up for that with its killer kick. 9-5ers take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...