11.08.2010

NOS (Take 2)

3.25/5

Price: $1.99
Found at: Publix
Key ingredients: Ginseng, Taurine
Food in play: Whole grain bagel with Smart Balance butter; bowl of pasta with minimal marinara sauce
Circumstance: Feeling mellow, brainstorming a short film and tidying up a disaster of a bedroom

Taste: NOS' refreshing passionfruit offering is a treat that finishes easy. (4.5/5)

Effect: Very subtle here. I was worn out and after the beverage I, well, wasn't... but it almost reminded me of that old Encyclopedia Brown story where the titular boy sells plain donuts in a jar labeled "Sugared Donuts" and the customers, under the mere belief they're eating sugar, taste a phantom sweetness. One could also mention the way some people tend to act inebriated after unknowingly downing alcohol-free beer. No doubt my thirst was quenched, though, and that surely helped matters. Side effect? Well, as even a mall sip of NOS tends to incur, I suffered through some passionfruit-flavored belching. (2/5)

Skinny: It's no fun giving NOS a poor rating, seeing as it's so tasty, comes in such an attractive can and was my drink of choice to help get me through a 7-day film shoot about three months ago, during which I only slept about 4 hours and worked 20 each day... but the fact is, it's not as its "warning" label cautions: "Powerful". I still won't hesitate to reach for the stuff at a loss, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...