11.08.2010

Venom: Mojave Rattler

2.75/5

Price: $1.49
Found at: 7/11
Key ingredients: Taurine, Glucuronolactone, L-Carnitine, Guarana
Food in play: Slice of authentic garlic bread, bowl of Kashi GoLean w/1% milk, handful of Kashi Fire Roasted Veggie crackers, a few bites of Halloween pumpkin seeds/candy corn
Circumstance: Chasing newly bipedal daughter around the house after oversleeping

Taste: Mojave Rattler is Venom's lo-carb option, so it doesn't inspire much confidence from the get-go. I don't know if it was my low expectations or the fresh-outta-the-fridge temperature, but at first I was pleasantly surprised with Rattler's hitting of the proverbial spot. That was the first minute, anyway. Following the can's polite first impression, I was in the receiving end of 3/4s a can-full of typical lo-carb narst. It took probably 20 minutes or so to get through the remainder. The crackers, pumpkin seeds and candy corn you see listed under "Food in play" above? Yeah, that was me trying to counteract the Rattler. (1.5/5)

Effect: About 10-15 minutes after polishing off the can, a boost kicked in that made me feel like I'd been put on +25% fast-forward mode. Nothing too special, but nothing to complain about, either - had I been busier today, I'm sure the Rattler would have helped me get my work done that much more efficiently. Duration was about 4 hours and hey, no side effects! (4/5)

Skinny: While the effect doesn't quite make up for the flavor, Mojave Rattler's not a bad choice if you can stomach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...